The ad ran in the media according to your media plan.
You receive the invoice from the media supplier.
You typically want to verify 2 things:
- that the right material ran without error. (e.g. the newspaper inserted the right image with color distortion.)
- that the invoiced cost is the right amount based on your negotiated cost.
When verified, you forward the approved invoice to account payable to issue the payment.
Where to approve invoices
Invoices are approved in the “Accounting” module.
Use the I.O. # to search for the expected invoice.
You can consult the final creative files. Mouse-over the files count to display the files details with a preview.
You also can view the budgeted cost.
Click on the “Approved” button (“circle check” icon) in the actions column.
Enter the invoice # and the actual amount.
Note that the expenses and remaining budget in the planning module will automatically adjust if the actual cost is different than the budgeted cost.
Exercise: Approve an invoice
Follow these steps to approve an invoice:
- Step 1: Go to the “Accounting” module.
- Step 2: Search the expected invoice using the I.O #.
- Step 3: Mouse-over the files count to view the files details.
- Step 4: Mouse-over the budgeted cost to view the cost details.
- Step 5: Click the “Approved” (“circle check” icon) button. This will display the “Approve invoice” form.
- Step 6: Fill in the required information including the invoice # and the invoiced cost.
Step 7: Click the “Save” button.